Friday, 14 November 2014

Norway's Crown Princely Couple Discuss Literature at Skaugum

Writers publishers, reviewers and librarians gathered at Skaugum, the official residence of Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway to talk about literature in the country and debate how best to get more people reading. Guests included famous Norwegian writers Herbjørg Wassmo and January Kjærstad.

Kongehuset.no

Crown Princess Mette-Marit greeted the guests saying:

"Something all of us here gathered have in common is our love of literature and I hope this evening can be about just that: sharing our experiences and talking about what reading has given us. 
For me it is important to use my own literary interest to spread the joy of reading."

Those gathered also discussed their favourite book and what it had given them in their life.

Kongehuset.no

Crown Princess Mette-Marit looked lovely in an almost festive red dress perfect for the season and making a change from the darker and more neutral colours more often worn at this time of year.

3 comments:

  1. The color is lovely, but the design isn't all that flattering on her. Maybe it's just the camera angles, but I don't actually like the dress itself in any of them. Too bad because the color is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, Julie. The color is very nice, but the fussy sleeves are not flattering.

      I do like this couple. And CP Haakon is very handsome in my book. Very. ;)

      Delete
    2. Royalfan I totally agree very handsome! :) and I also agree on the dress a lovely color but the cut and style of the dress just won't do! But they seem a lovely couple and I so love the literary nature of the engagement!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...