Tuesday, 23 September 2014

Stylish Royals in New York for Clinton Global Citizen Awards

An array of Hollywood stars, political figures and royals from around the world have gathered in New York for the 8th annual Clinton Global Citizen Awards. Hosted by Bill, his wife Hillary and their daughter Chelsea, the annual four-day conference focused on the theme 'Re-imagining Impact', which encourages each individual to consider the way they impact the world.


The star-studded guest-list included Prince Albert and Princess Charlene of Monaco on their first official overseas trip since Princess Charlene announced her pregnancy.


King Abdullah II and Queen Rania of Jordan were also there and gave speeches at the event. Below we see the couple with Bill Clinton. This shot of the royal couple captures a lovely and rather romantic moment :)

Queen Rania Instagram

The Queen in a sophisticated white dress with U.S. Vice President Joe Biden.

Queen Rania Instagram

Former First Lady, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton kicked off the awards by saying, "Tonight is a chance to honour extraordinary contributions to define global citizenship. What draws us all together is the call to solve.

Palais Princier de Monaco Facebook Page

The royals took their seats at the Sheraton Hotel in Times Square.

Palais Princier de Monaco Facebook Page

Award winners included actor Leonardo DiCaprio who urged those in attendance to address what he referred to as a "real and terrifying crisis". The actor has worked to put environmental issues at the forefront for years.

Queen Rania Instagram

It's always excellent to see high-profile figures coming together to celebrate worthy organisations. Do our readers from the US believe Hillary will make a bid for the presidency?

7 comments:

  1. I love the candid shot of Queen Rania and King Abdullah II, the affection he has for her really shines through in the picture. I bet he is very proud of her and all the hard work she does.

    Even though I'm from the US I am going to decline answering your question regarding Hillary's possible run for President. I come to this website to get away from the problems of the world and especially the negativity of American politics. For me, this and other sites like it are a great place to peek inside the wonderful world of royality and dream about the jewels, fabulous estates, gowns, butlers, etc....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am from Kentucky, and I will go so far as to,say I believe Hillary Clinton will BE the next president of the US

    ReplyDelete
  3. Princess Charlene of Monaco looks beautiful. I like her outfit better than Queen Rania, so elegant, so professional and confident. I hardly ever see anything on Queen Rania in the media I frequent - I lived in Mexico 5 yrs during my teens and they cover her so much more. I just find that odd.

    I think Hillary will run... wonder if she will win...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not from the US but I'm very much interested in international politics. I am pretty sure that she will in fart run. She has made certain insinuations, then there's her book which was conveniently published right on time...
    Whether she'll win remains to be seen. I suppose it depends largely on the people she'll be up against. But should she run, which I think she will, the Democratic nomination will most likely be hers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I predicted that HC would run again the day she pulled out of her last campaign and I have never wavered on that belief. She wants it too much not to.

    I do not care for Charlene's "tuxedo", only because it's an odd choice for a maternity piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Princess Charlene in tuxedo looks a bit like her hubby. No comment on Hillary.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...