Tuesday, 30 September 2014

Queen Máxima Celebrates Smallest Life on Earth

Queen Máxima officially opened the Micropia Museum which is located next to the Artis Royal Zoo today; the first museum in the world for the smallest life on earth.

Kongehuset

From Artis:

'They sit on your tongue, under your arms, in your gut and on your skin. You name it, micro-organisms live on, under, in or between it. In unimaginably large numbers they determine our lives,  and yet they never see you. A micro-organism is a being that is too small to see with the naked eye. For example, one million bacteria can fit on the point of a needle.'
The Queen toured the zoo and met staff.


With Máxima, we tend to be offered colourful surprises from time to time, sartorially speaking, and today was certainly no exception.


The ensemble featured a nude-coloured dress with a short yellow jacket.


The accompanying headwear.


A look at the shoes.


The look is reminiscent of something one might see at your typical wedding. It was a miss for the Queen, however, we love Max and it's always great to see her.

11 comments:

  1. I rather like the persona of Queen Maxima and though her ensembles are sometimes quirky, for lack of a more appropriate phrase, there are never outlandish and are in keeping with her role as Queen. However, on this occasion, I feel strongly that the bouquet presented her in this instance, is more suited for a table top or shelf, strictly speaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not on my table. :))) There must be significance to it, but oh my..............

      Delete
  2. Wow, that bouquet is odd. I wonder if it holds a special meaning?

    I really like Queen Maxima. She is always happy. She must be nice to meet. I would not wear this outfit, but I find it very "Maxima" and I think she looks pretty. I love her colorful style on *her*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beatrix,

      I was thinking the same thing!! Spores and fungus make a very unusual bouquet but since this was a zoo for micro-organisms I guess they wanted to incorporate them into the bouquet. The more I see it, I think the thought was great just not sure if it really worked in person.

      Delete
    2. Hi Lauri, you are absolutely right. I can see it better now on my big computer screen.

      It's been a few days since your comment, but I found this on the DM, I thought that bouquet given to Princess Mary is so cute and ingenious http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2783074/Head-class-Mary-scores-marks-elegant-blue-blazer-understated-white-shirt-hits-playground-giggling-schoolkids-Denmark.html
      Her lovely and oh so appropriate outfit reinforce the fact that she is my FAVORITE royal :p hehe She looks super engaged in the activities and genuinely having a blast.

      Delete
  3. I was immediately reminded of 1940's hollywood with their head wraps. I think the outfit would have worked better without it. My feeling is that they were after a "cloth tiara" image - but it didn't quite work - looked a little forced for a day event.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Argh!! Why does Max keep wearing ace bandage head wraps?? Does she keep bumping her head? It's the only reason I can see for wearing this. Is it just me or is the satiny fabric way, way too dressy for a day time trip to the zoo? I like Max really I do and I feel that she dresses this way because it matches her personality, bubbly, colorful and a little outrageous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I actually prefer this look to a stiff, slanted fascinator. :) I like the way it sits on her head and frames her face.

      Delete
  5. anon from Leominster3 October 2014 at 17:06

    A fun engagment and Maxima always looks like she is really enjoying herself - but that outfit --No, No, No!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Horrible outfit but she has a lovely smile

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely outfit - so appropriate - and NOT boring. I wish Kate will look to some of Maxima's ideas (or Mary's, or Letitia's...) and take some notes... It's lively, personal and fits very well Oscar de la Renta's comments on style vs fashion. Maxima's style is undeniable - and it shows who SHE is.

    Royal Fan from Canada

    The bouquet is not somethin she woul have a choice in... so that's a completely different story.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...