Saturday, 18 January 2014

News: A Baby Girl For Zara & A Career Change for Prince Harry

The Windsor clan welcomed a new addition to their family yesterday when Zara Tindall, daughter of Princess Anne, gave birth to a healthy baby girl weighing 7 lbs 12 oz at the Gloucestershire Royal Hospital. Zara, a world champion eventer who won a silver medal with Team GB at the London Olympics in 2012, left the hospital just six hours after giving birth.


The following statement was issued by The Queen's press secretary.

The British Monarchy

Mike Tindall expressed his joy via Twitter.

Mike Tindall Twitter Feed

As the couple elected not to find out the gender of their baby, it is thought they will take some time to choose her name. Elizabeth and Victoria are very much frontrunners amongst media outlets at the moment. Zara and Mike's baby is Her Majesty's fourth great-grandchild and 16th in line to the throne; she will not bear a title. Many of you will recall Zara is a godmother to Prince George, and it will be interesting to see if the couple ask The Duke or Duchess of Cambridge to become a godparent to their daughter.

Congratulations Mike and Zara! :)

************

We have one other news story to share with you today and it concerns another member of the British Royal Family. In a surprising and unexpected announcement, Kensington Palace revealed Prince Harry has quit his role as an Apache helicopter in favour of a London desk job organising ceremonial events. The Prince will remain a commissioned officer in the Household Cavalry, but will also take up a staff officer role at Horse Guards next week.

Prince Henry of Wales Official Website

Of course, the announcement has driven the Harry and Cressida engagement rumours into overdrive!

16 comments:

  1. bluhare in Washington State19 January 2014 at 04:24

    Very happy to see Zara's had her baby. I bet that little tyke has her dad wrapped round her finger already. It's always been obvious her mother does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see a picture of Baby Tindall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are able o update the royal digest again! Kate will always be my favorite but I love to read more about other royals. Thank you for your hard work, Charlotte! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you all so much for popping over!

      Delete
  4. Wow Charlotte, is there anything you can't do?! I'm so glad you mentioned this site on your Duchess Kate site. After taking a quick tour, I have added this to my favorites and am looking forward to visiting much more in the future. I love reading about all the european royals and am really glad to be able to get such great information in one spot instead of having to surf all over the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still think Harry and Chelsy Davy made a great couple. Cressida's style is interesting, if they do end up getting married it will be interesting to see if her style evolves like Kate's did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully we will see a picture of the baby soon! And I honestly can't see Harry preferring a desk job unless there is something (or someone!) more to it. So yes, I tend to think he has long term goals in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bluhare in Washington State21 January 2014 at 23:31

      Does this mean you think Harry's going to pop the question?

      Delete
    2. I don't know how soon he may pop the question, but I do believe he's serious about this girl and wants to create a degree of stability in his life. His feelings for her come first, obviously, but I also suspect that age and seeing his brother happily married may be an inspiration.

      Delete
    3. bluhare in Washington State23 January 2014 at 01:10

      Yes, I think so as well on all fronts. I wish I could get more behind Cressida, but she leaves me sort of "meh".

      Delete
    4. I know what you mean, bluhare, but I like her better than the last one. I never thought she'd be the type to have his best interest at heart and I have no patience for pouty faces. When you have everything going for you, why look so miserable all the time?

      Delete
    5. bluhare in Washington State23 January 2014 at 02:39

      Cressida is the reason my opinion on Chelsy has mellowed. :)

      Delete
    6. OMG bluhare...can you hear me LOL?? I have exactly the opposite view.... Chelsy is the reason I am mellower where Cressida is concerned.

      Delete
  7. Robin Indiana USA
    I love reading The Royal Digest so happy you started it back up Charlotte!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I look forward to another royal wedding. I love the British pageantry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy for zara I want to see pics of Mia!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...