Monday, 31 December 2012

An Exciting New Year For The Swedish Royal Family + Welcome to The Royal Digest

Welcome to The Royal Digest and thank you for visiting.

Many of you will be familiar with my Duchess Kate Blog which follows the life and style of the Duchess of Cambridge. Over the past year I have become increasingly interested in Royal families, their fashion sense, charity work and of course engagements and weddings. After much thought I decided to reopen The Royal Digest and hope to update it frequently with the most interesting stories from Royals around the globe.

One of the aspects of the Duchess Kate Blog I love is the sense of community the readers have built so please feel free to share your thoughts, opinions, links about your favourite royals. I would love to hear about your favourite Royal and which families you would be particularly interested in seeing covered.

Aside from the latest news we will be taking a look at iconic royals from the past, Palaces, Clothing, Jewellery and many other additions as we progress.

You can also follow the blog via Facebook and Twitter. I do so hope you will enjoy your visits here!

Charlotte
x

************

It really has been quite a year for the Swedish royal family hasn't it? I was delighted to hear of Princess Madeleine's engagement to her British-American boyfriend Christopher O Neill, a partner at New York hedge fund Noster Capital. Madeleine is youngest of King Carl XVI and Queen Silvia's three children and fourth in line to the throne.

Princess Madeleine Facebook

Christopher's mother, German-born Eva Marie O'Neill is a former girlfriend of Prince Charles who is believed to be still in touch with the triple divorcée. Madeleine described the proposal as "very romantic" and the wedding will take place on the 8th of June at The Royal Chapel in Stockholm.

Royalty.Nu
I do adore a Royal wedding and I have no doubt Princess Madeleine will be one very beautiful bride (We'll take a look at wedding dress possibilities before the wedding) Are you all looking forward to it? Christopher O Neill revealed he already feels part of the family:

'I felt part of the family from the very beginning. Madeleine's family is very warm and we have a good time when we all see each other'.

The official engagement photographs are simply beautiful. This black and white one is my personal favourite.

Swedish Royal Court

Madeleine's sister Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel welcomed a beautiful baby Princess Estelle into the world on February 23. Below we shared an official photo taken of the adorable tot for Christmas. One can watch a terribly cute video of Princess Estelle in the snow (with thanks to one of my favourite royal blogs Princesas)

Swedish Royal Court

The Swedish Royal family also shared a portrait in honour of New Years and on that note I'd like to wish you all a very Happy New Years. We'll see you tomorrow, let me know in the comments section which royals you'd like to see included :)

Princess Madeleine Facebook

31 comments:

  1. I love swedish royal family,I would like to follow your blog!
    Happy new year,
    Serar

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first comment, thank you so much Serar :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great new blog Charlotte. Now I have another page to follow of yours. I would like to know more about the Countess of Wessex. I think she is very interesting and we don't hear much about her.

    Happy New Years dear Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlotte, I have no clue about the Swedish Royal Family, but they make a lovely couple! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Pauline and Siddhii!

    I will most definitely be including the Countess of Wessex in the coming days :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to hear more about Princess Caroline and her family of Monaco

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charlotte you've done (and continue to do) such a great job on HRHDuchessKate Blog. I have no doubts this blog will be a success as well! I've already started following along here too. :)

    Keep up the good work & happy new year!
    CMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Charlotte! I can't wait to follow this new blog for even more wonderful royal posts. I just wanted to let you know that one of your links on the side is broken - the link to "The Danish Monarchy" is the same as the one above it. Not at all a big deal, but I thought you'd want to know!
    Best of luck,
    Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you very much for your comments. Always greatly appreciated especially with a new blog.

    Sarah - You were so good to let me know about the link. I'll take a look at it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Theresa, from Paris1 January 2013 at 21:33

    All the very best for this blog too, dear Charlotte ! So looking forward to following you here also.

    I'm a great fan of Princess Mary of Denmark : I love her style, intelligence, and work.
    Thanks to you, 2013 is starting off with fireworks ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your very kind wishes Theresa, II hope you're having a great New Year in beautiful Paris :)

      Delete
  11. Alyssa from PA, USA1 January 2013 at 22:19

    Charlotte, I am excited about your new blog! I like following the Scandinavian royal families, Princess Charlene of Monaco, and Princess Letivia (Sp?) of Spain (and her family. ) I have never followed the York Princesses much, but there have been interesting discussion about them lately in comments on your other blog. I would like to know more about them. Lol, I am sorry that is kind of a broad spectrum! I have gotten in the habit of trusting you to have classy and accurate information, and am looking forward to whatever you have time for on this blog. Take care of yourself! And Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done Charlotte! !! Looking forward to news on the Countess of Wessex Beatrice and Eugenie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Madeline is GORGEOUS!!!
    There is also a clip on the Swedish Royal Family's website where you can watch their engagement announcement and Chris tries his hand (or tongue?) at a bit of Swedish. It was very sweet :)

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great new site. I too respect Mary of Denmark for having a family of 4 and a full calendar of charity work. She is a royal role model for others to follow

    ReplyDelete
  15. Robin Indiana USA
    Congratulations Charlotte on your new blog. I don't know alot about other royals but I know you are going to give me a wonderful history lesson. I truly love hrhkateblog. The baby wearing the red dress so cute
    Best wishes Robin

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kate, Texas, USA3 January 2013 at 04:51

    Love the new blog! My first choice is to follow Duchess Kate, but I'll jump over here when I have the chance. I am not too familiar with any other royals other than the British Monarchy, so this will be fun. Thought it interesting that only the British and Spanish monarchies follow the principle of male primogeniture. I guess that will be changing soon in the UK with the birth of William and Catherine's child. I will look forward to becoming educated on all the European Royal families!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would like to hear more about Princess Letizia of Spain and Maxima of Netherlands. They are both very elegant and hardworking.
    Great new site:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you will cover Mette-Marit too. She's had quite an uphill fight and still seems very controversial in Norway but has carved out a role for herself. It will be exciting to have another royal wedding, particularly after that lovely one in Luxembourg. (I read the bride's mother died shortly before the wedding, so sad!) Does anyone know whether Princess Madeleine will live in the US or whether they are going to settle in Sweden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will of course cover Mette-Marit too. I haven't heard on Madeleine's plans yet but will it will be interesting when we do.

      Delete
  19. Jenna from Germany3 January 2013 at 17:47

    I have been interested in Royal families for a long time, but until now I haven't found a blog that I really like, but as your HRHDuchess Kate Blog is so wonderful, I'm really looking forward to read this one too!
    German media, especially broadcast station ZDF, it has a special site called ZDF Royal (also available on the internet) are covering Royal stories very often, and I'll let you know when I'll find something interesting or a good documentation!
    Wishing you a happy new year and only the best for this blog!
    Best wishes, Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Wishing you a very Happy New Year Jenna :)

      Delete
  20. Hi Charlotte, long time reader of the Duchess Kate blog, first time poster. I love the Danes - Mary and Marie. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't think it will be a happy marriage. Just have this feeling that something is not quite right. I look at him and think he is not her half. Sometimes you look at couple and think they are meant to be together. Can't say it about them. Anyway I wish Madeleine a lot of love and hope they will work it out. She is such a beautiful person inside and out, sadly she couldn't find her true love. It's not Christopher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CJ in Minneapolis4 January 2013 at 00:28

      I agree Emily. There is just something about him that seems unsettling. I feel like he is hiding something... I hope I am wrong... She is a beautiful girl and I wish her the best.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, he looks a little creepy

      Delete
  22. Would love to see something comparing modern royals to those that came before them, and more historical profiles similar to the one you just did on Princess Grace. I've been fascinated with the British Royals as long as I can remember but would love to hear the stories of the Royal families from other countries. While it's easy to find a biography on Eleanor of Aquitaine or Queen Victoria, finding something on Queen Regent Margaret of Sweden or Queen Juana of Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jenna from Germany4 January 2013 at 19:20

    Charlotte, I just found this Facebook Page covering Crown Princess Mary of Denmark, with many beautiful photos! Wondered if you have already seen this page?

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Daily-News-about-Crown-Princess-Mary-of-Denmark/467134383319517?ref=stream

    Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenna - Thank you, what a beautiful page. I'm working on a post about The Countess of Wessex and tomorrow I'm planning a Latest News post on Mary and Frederik and this page is an excellent resource.

      Delete
  24. Hmmmm.....I've tried submitting comments several times here and on HRH Duchess Kate, but they haven't been going through – hope this one works! Anyways, thank you Charlotte for re-starting this blog! I actually started reading it last year before you had to shut it down, so I'm glad it's back. My favourite royals are Princess Mary of Denmark and Sophie Countess of Wessex, but there are many more that I don't know much about. Like others, I would also be interested in reading more about what the York Princesses do. Have a great new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The red script type used on this site might read better in blue and in a different font

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...